Welcome to the Content Marketing Wiki!
Welcome to the Content Marketing Wiki. This wiki provides up-to-date information on content marketing best practices, people websites, and news. The wiki was created by Vertical Measures. Do to a high volume of spam, we have had to already lock this wiki down. If you would like to contribute you must first get approved. Just go to the top right of this page and create an account. An admin will check it your request within a few days.
Introduction to Content Marketing
Content marketing is the marketing and business process for creating and distributing relevant and valuable content to attract, acquire, and engage a clearly defined and understood target audience – with the objective of driving profitable customer action.
Content marketing is the art of communicating with your customers and prospects without selling. It is non-interruption marketing. Instead of pitching your products or services, you are delivering information that makes your buyer more intelligent. The essence of this content strategy is the belief that if we, as businesses, deliver consistent, ongoing valuable information to buyers, they ultimately reward us with their business and loyalty.
A content marketing strategy can leverage all story channels (print, online, in-person, mobile, social, etc.), be employed at any and all stages of the buying process, from attention-oriented strategies to retention and loyalty strategies, and include multiple buying groups. Content marketing products frequently take the form of custom magazines, print or online newsletters, digital content, websites or microsites, white papers, webcasts/webinars, podcasts, video portals or series, in-person roadshows, roundtables, interactive online, email, events.
Content Marketing Related Articles
- Content Marketing and SEO: a Marriage Made in Mountain View Article describing the impact of the Google Panda and Penguin updates as it related to creating engaging, unique content for website owners.
- Why Content Marketers Need to be Involved in Site Redesigns If you are responsible for a major build or redesign job, here are three valuable contributions content marketers can make — if you get them involved from the beginning of the process.
- How To: Create and Use a Content Inventory Content is considered the most important component of your website, so keeping it updated and organized is essential.
- Essential Things You Need to Know When Adding Content Marketing to the Mix Content Marketing World speakers, offer advice to marketers who are looking to add content marketing to their core capabilities.
- 25 Content Marketing Ideas for People Who Don't Like to Write! Even though content ideas may not come so easy for you, the truth is inspiration can be found within the most simple parts of your business and life.
- 5 Storytelling Tips to Create Engaging Content Content that appeals to our social nature is ideal for storytelling, so find the stories about your employees, your company, your services and your products and tell them!
- 4 Ways to Fairly Use Other People's Content Four of the best ways to make use of other people’s already existing content. Things that add value to your user but don’t steal or diminish what someone else has already created.
- 5 Pinterest Boards for Content Marketers The top 5 recommendations for marketers to find and share content examples.
- How creative content marketing helps to define a brand Creative is the key word that should always be attached to content marketing. When you use creative content marketing you can start defining your brand in some pretty big ways.
- 5 Ways to Use Content Curation for Marketing and the Tools You Need to Do it! Great article from Forbes Magazine explaining what content curation is and how it can help build a brand and a business.
- 22 Ways to Create Compelling Content When You Don’t Have a Clue Infographic describing how to consistently develop fresh ideas that lead to great content.
- Developing Your Editorial Content Calendar For 2013 Step by step approach to developing a content calendar for any year.
- The “I Hate Writing” Guide To Content Creation Good read for those of you who suffer from chronic writers block.
- 8 Storytelling Tips To Enhance Your Content Marketing Here are eight compelling storytelling techniques you might consider to enhance content marketing.
- Content Marketing On A Limited Budget What would you do if you only had $12,000 per year to spend?
- How Do I Get Started With Content Marketing? 7 experts provide tips and advice.
- Rethinking Relevance in Content Marketing What does relevance really mean when it comes to content?
- Creating Content for Sensitive Situations 3 great content marketing tips!
- Conducting Data Driven Content Marketing Six types of data that can help you determine what an audience prefers, so you can focus your future efforts on the types of content most likely to be successful.
Content Marketing Tools
- Curata provides easy-to-use marketing solutions for content curation and content marketing. Curata allows marketers to quickly find, organize and share content on specific issues or topics in order to establish thought leadership own industry conversations and drive qualified web traffic.
- dlvr.it provides bloggers, publishers and brands a way to instantly syndicate content and expand their reach on the social web and into new channels.
- Compendium is a content marketing platform that helps organizations capture and create original content in a branded hub for distribution to any marketing channel.
- Intigi is a content marketing tool that helps content marketers find, curate and share relevant 3rd party articles to blogs and social media.
Content Marketing Techniques
- Content Creation: Why You Should Stop Thinking Customer First Thinking customer first creates a barrier when conceptualizing ideas for content creation. By zeroing in on the word “customer”, you face the danger of typecasting people into a singular role that only exists in your own personal narrative.
- Content Optimization Techniques Content optimization techniques that you can implement before and after launching your piece to increase the likelihood of your content in ranking better on search results.
- How to Start a Content Strategy The more focused your content strategy is, the stronger your final result will be.
Content Marketing Blogs
- Vertical Measures Blog The Vertical Measure blog is dedicated to the concept of content marketing including all aspects such as strategy, research, development, optimization, promotion and measurement.
- Content Marketing Institute CMI says it teaches marketers how to own their media channels instead of having to rent them through advertising.
- Content Marketing Today News, Trends, Tips, and Tutorials about Content Marketing.
- Coppyblogger The latest content marketing articles and advice from Copyblogger.
- Intigi Blog Tips, case studies and articles on how to acquire customers through Content Marketing.
- Content Marketing Group THE Content Marketing Group on Google Plus
Content Marketing Guides and Books
- Accelerate! Move Your Business Forward through the Convergence of Search, Social & Content Marketing (Small Business Award Winner 2012)
- Free Content Marketing Guide This free guide gives you 8 steps, explained in plain language with relevant examples and case studies to get you on your way to developing and promoting your content.
- Managing Content Marketing: The Real-World Guide for Creating Passionate Subscribers to Your Brand
- Content Rules How to Create Killer Blogs, Podcasts, Videos, Ebooks, Webinars (and More) That Engage Customers and Ignite Your Business
- Content is Currency: Developing Powerful Content for Web and Mobile
- Skyword Content Marketing Kick-Starter PDF - How to kick-start your content marketing.
- The Epic List of Content Strategy Resources A great list of resources for everything content marketing.
Leaders in Content Marketing
- Arnie Kuenn Arnie is president and founder of Vertical Measures as well as the author of Accelerate! a small business book award winner often described as the how-to book for content marketing.
- Joe Pulizzi The Godfather of content marketing and passionate about the color orange, Joe Pulizzi is one of the leading thought leaders behind the content marketing and social media movement.
- Simon Kelly Often credited for coining the phrase "content marketing", Simon is a content marketing's leading story teller.
- Brian Clark is founder of Copyblogger Media, the Editor-in-Chief of Entreproducer, and a contributor to Forbes. Copyblogger Media provides the advice and solutions that empower people to successfully grow their businesses through social media and content marketing.
- Ann Handley is a veteran of creating and managing digital content to build relationships for organizations and individuals.
- Lee Odden is the CEO of TopRank Online Marketing, a digital marketing agency and a SEO, Social Media & Content Marketing expert.
- Scott Abel is an internationally-known content strategist and social media choreographer who helps organizations that value content as a business asset develop strategies for creating, managing and delivering content efficiently and effectively.
- Ardath Albee is CEO of Marketing Interactions, Inc., applies 25 years of business management and marketing experience to help B2B companies use contagious content platforms to turn prospects into buyers.
- Margo Bloomstein is the principal of Appropriate, Inc., an independent brand and content strategy consultancy based in Boston.
- Heidi Cohen is president of Riverside Marketing Strategies, an actionable marketing consultancy, Heidi Cohen has deep experience across different marketing forms involving content.
- Jon Wuebben is the CEO of Content Launch, a web content marketing agency that handles content development and content strategy for hundreds of companies, digital agencies and web designers.
- Kristoffer Howes is the CEO of TWMG LLC. Digital PR Firm and the author of Need to Know SEO, an SEO training manual for beginners.
Conferences and Events
- Content Marketing World is the largest gathering of content marketing professionals in the world. Content Marketing World is a major event where you can learn and network with the best and the brightest in the content marketing industry.
- Content Marketing Strategies Conference an event specifically focused on helping Small Businesses understand the pivotal role content marketing plays in demand generation, sales, SEO and social.
- Intelligent Content Conference an intimate, three-day intensive learning experience designed to help attendees understand what is required to create intelligent content: content designed to be structurally rich and semantically categorized, automatically discoverable, reusable, reconfigurable, and adaptable to any future functionality.
Content Marketing Associations
- Custom Content Council - U.S. trade association of custom media and content marketing providers.
- Content Management Professionals CM Pros helps members all over the world to succeed, by enhancing their knowledge and expertise, sharing practices, and connecting business members, corporate and individual practitioners, to further develop the industry as a strategic business imperative.
Excellent Examples of Content Marketing
- Example of Content Curation Content curation is the process of categorizing the massive amount of content that the web holds today, and representing it in an organized feature related to a specific niche. A content curator picks the best content that is imperative and applicable to share with the internet community. For example, a curator of infographics would develop a site like this one: Just Infographics